Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Through My Peripheral, I See Ya Scheming...

Stop dreamin, I leave your body steamin
Niggaz is fiendin, what's the meanin?
I'm leanin on any nigga intervenin
with the sound of my money machine-in


I am going to get a lil’ buck today, but first – to ensure that my soul is okay with the Big Guy, let me mention that yesterday was the anniversary of the death of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. So, I hope you took a moment to reflect on his accomplishments. If not, and you’re feeling remorseful, peep this link and donate to his memorial fund. I’d like to see a King memorial in DC one day.

And while we are on the subject, let me say that I love Dr. King, yet I know he and I would sharply disagree about some things. Case in point, today’s post:

Hey! All you illegal Mexicans, GET THE FUCK OUT! (and Fuck you too, Cynthia McKinney).

Let’s face facts. Every illegal Mexican who takes a job in the US takes a job from someone here. That ‘someone’, in many instances and thus the reason why I care, is black people.

Now, I am not blaming the illegals for getting their hustle on. Not at all. Anyone who does what they need to do to get legal money gets respect from me. The beef I have is that those who hire illegals are “intervening with the sound of our money machine.” And I cannot and will not support my own demise. Remember when Vincente Fox said that the illegals take jobs that niggers won’t even do? Fuck him.

Poor people, black and white, will take these jobs. Economically speaking, the illegals keep wages artificially low (no Marxist!), because they are willing to work below minimum wage. This leaves the native born poor to linger on public support long after they should have. Even if the jobs were paid at minimum wage, adequately taxed, those requiring public support would in effect be subsidizing their own welfare.

Moreover, areas where there is an increase in illegals (yeah, I’m talking Mexicans), require bi-lingual service providers. Hey, commerce is commerce, but we (as in my folk) don’t generally ‘speakie spannie,’ and as a result we lose out.

Now you may say, “many customer service jobs are going to India anyway, so why care?” The difference is that the jobs that the Mexicans do – construction, farm labor, domestic work – are all areas that can’t be outsourced. They have to be here to work, so we can’t.

Meanwhile Al Sharpton and the NAACP are hollering about “brown solidarity”. There ain’t no brown solidarity. Trust me, the only group of Hispanics who have any real identification with black folk is Puerto Ricans and they don’t really like us either. The Mexicans? The president of the fucking country told you what the deal was.

Minorities are each in their own boat. They know that, we still learning, I guess. I’m not. I know. Economically, it is dog eat dog out there. Ain’t no teams. I am not against them getting theirs, but I ain’t going to give the competition a leg up, either.

In other news, Cynthia McKinny getting stopped at the front desk of the Capital ain’t racial, and even if it is, it ain’t important.

Her statement went like this,

Earlier today I had an unfortunate confrontation with a Capitol Hill Police Officer. It is traditional protocol that Capitol Hill Police Officers secure 535 Members of Congress, including 100 Senators. It is the expectation of most Members of Congress that Capitol Hill Police officers know who they are. I was urgently trying to get to an important meeting on time to fulfill my obligations to my constituents. Unfortunately, the Police Officer did not recognize me as a Member of Congress and a confrontation ensued. I did not have on my Congressional pin but showed the Police Officer my Congressional ID.




This bitch didn't have her pin on. She didn't have her pin on. She didn't have her pin on. She didn't have her pin on. (See where I'm going?)

See, here's my beef -- she didn't have her pin on, the white dude stopped her, she got mad. I KNOW (in the bottom of my heart) that she didn't, calmly and politely take out her ID, and pat the lil' whiteboy on his head, then go upstairs and hop on the phone and get him fired. (That's how business get's done. With class.) You and I both know she was acting like "black eyewitness man" from the Boondocks. And I, like Huey, HATE black eyewitness man.

She is acting like she definitely shouldn’t be stopped by the Capital Police. Fuck her. I could understand if she used this moment – while she has the national attention – to address the treatment of black people at the hands of the police. THAT, I could respect. That is NOT what she’s doing. She’s suing. She gonna get paid, and we – again – lose. So fuck her and her problems. Black folk catching hell, and you bitching about this?!?! You were embarrassed. Get dude fired – quietly – and move on with life. Stupid bitch. I hope y’all in Atlanta pay attention to this stupid broad and her silly-ass shit. Bet you when her ass can’t get shit passed, y’all gonna be like , “racism!” That shit ain’t race. She’s stupid.

That’s it for me, I’ve spread enough hate (and nary a digression -- cept this one). I’m out.