Thursday, January 19, 2006

You 'Bout To Witness The Most Intelligent Ignorant Shit...

you gonna hear in the miserable life that you livin’; I hope that you diggin’ it
I ain't no different from any nigga livin’ in the hood
whose attitude is "I wish a nigga would"
Your fam’ might as well kiss you goodbye, they'll miss you for good
No more Mr. Nice Guy...



I kill niggaz with my own thoughts
Yeah I'm guilty as charged, nigga it's my own fault
Homey you walkin’ through hell with nylon socks, my nine pump cough
I'll make you wind up in the basement with DJ Satan
Your boy got the crown nigga, my replacement ain't been born yet
Y'all realize this ain't a song yet?


Had to double quote on y'all. Guess I'm vexed, no?!?! See, cats got it all twisted. I mean, say you are fortunate enough to see the light, clear as day even, what do you do? You could choose to keep shit hidden, all selfish like, or you could be courageous and speak the truth. It ain’t always easy to speak the truth, and it is an intensely thankless proposition, but you do it anyway. And what do you get?!? Blank assed stares -- like you got 7 heads and 10 horns and shit. Well, okay—I’ll be the villain, after all, every great epic needs an antagonist.

That said, let’s get to the point. This week began with a celebration of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King’s Birthday. And I am pissed! Not pissed that Dr. King’s birthday is a national holiday – Stevie wrote a song ‘bout it, which I love – but because this man, who is most remembered for having a dream (but also is remembered quite derisively for being a plagiarist and having a fondness for white women, but Lincoln was a depressive, Washington was considered a moron, Franklin had gonorrhea and herpes he acquired from “women of low morals”, and Alexander the Great was a ghey – so the point of this digression is that every great man has his problems, which doesn’t detract from his greatness) has had his dream crushed, not by an oppressive white man (Help! Help! I am being oppressed! - 10 points if you catch the reference), but by the very people he dreamt and died for.

Yes, the niggaz done killed the dream. Aaron McGruder touched on it with a dynamite Boondocks, but lots of niggaz don’t watch the show ‘cause, well two reasons mostly, either they cable cut off (niggaz be fighting with Comcast, like that bill don’t come er’ month), or cause niggaz is upset that they use the word “niggaz” in the show. Like niggaz don’t use “niggaz, but I digress, (again.)

Well, let’s examine the dream, and what we have wrought with it. (I resist calling King the “Dreamer” because there is another “Dreamer” near and dear to my heart, so we’ll call him “The King”.) The King’s words are here for you to see...

I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama, whose governor's lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers. ... With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.


These were his words. Let’s look and see what we’ve accomplished. We do work together, we don’t pray together, we rarely struggle together, and God forbid a little black boy hold the hand of a little white girl, or a little black girl hold the hand of a little white boy—half the black folks on the web will have their little lips poked out, as if it somehow reflects on them personally. We also have the Mayor of a major American pond, oops I mean city, crying for white folk to get out of his city. And don't give me no "white milk and chocolate powder" shit man, that shit was uncalled for. But there’s more...

Go back to Mississippi, go back to Alabama, go back to Georgia, go back to Louisiana, go back to the slums and ghettos of our northern cities, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed. Let us not wallow in the valley of despair. I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.


Hmmm. The American dream you say? Like, um...I dunno...say a home, 2.5 kids, a mini-van, and a mom and dad at home? Nah, see niggaz don’t want that. That’s some old “Beaver Cleaver” shit that the white man made up to confuse niggaz. Niggaz prefer struggle, and bitching and moaning to action. Plus, niggaz don’t go to college, cause that will make you a sellout. Better to keep it real, cause...well....that’s where the other niggaz is at. Wait, there’s more...

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal." I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave-owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.


This oft mis-quoted, oft mis-characterized passage has been the bane of democrats seeking to keep affirmative action around, seeing how the conservative like to use it in their reverse racisim rants. So, as an aside, "No, white people, he wasn’t talking ‘bout your kids. Your kids are judged by their last names. Our last names are Jones and Jenkins, ain't nobody but us judging us on our last names." But this isn’t about the white man, so let’s count that as a digression. But, what of niggaz? Niggaz don’t do nothing BUT judge based on skin. Niggaz be letting First Ladies make ‘Plantation’ references at they church.Plantations?!? Who does that? Who lets that happen? Niggaz be trying to make ‘Chocolate Cities” and shit. Ain’t that right, Ray Nagin? Let’s be real here. God wants New Orleans to be black? Why? What’d I do to God? Cause God put New Orleans under 17 feet of water, and one would think that after 450 years of ‘oppression’ we would be even. What’d I do to earn the underwater city? I like D.C. and Atlanta is cool I guess. We got Birmingham, too. We really don't need another one, do we? Or has that been part of the "secret ghetto conspiracy" and I've been too uppity to get the memo? Like, "yeah niggaz, we gonna take over cities by moving all the niggaz we can into it. Yeah, invasion by birthrate, nukka! What?!?!" I’m just saying.

So, this is what the Dream has wrought? In the 40 plus years since the King was here, what have we done with the Dream? What we gonna do with it?

I guess niggaz just wanted a day off. Needed time to plan urban invasions and shit. Fuck it, man.

Say goodnight to the bad guy.