Sunday, December 18, 2005

No Matter Where You Go, You Are What You Are Player

And you can try to change but that's just the top layer
Man, you was who you was 'fore you got here
Only God can judge me, so I'm gone
Either love me, or leave me alone



Let me say that this post is more for me than for the people. So if you don’t like it, so what? I am who I am. I am arrogant. I am conceited. I am opinionated. And I am a joker. That said, I ain’t going to change. I have no desire to change. I have changed, I lost some of my swagger for a time – a byproduct of attempting to please someone other than myself – regained it, and have moved on. It is about to be 2006, and as folks are apt to do, I reflect on the year that past. I am glad it is over, and I wouldn’t relive it for all the tea in China. Okay, that’s a lot of tea, and I think I would, cause it would further my ambitions, so let’s just say that; while professionally, 2005 was fly; personally, 2005 was some shit marinated in tarter sauce and served hot.

I am allergic to marinated shit, and as a result we won’t be having that. With that said, I can say that 2005, like the month of March, came in like a lion and has exited like a lamb. Things have simmered down, and I have rediscovered myself (yeah, that sounds like some ole’ ‘Lifetime Movie’ shit. Fuck being hard, Sonnyredd is complicated, damnit. (C) Pos Dunos) and found, surprise!, I like me. Just as I am.

I am a prick. I am a jerk. I am a sweet person who will house my friends in moments of catastrophe. I will go to bat, and back you to the wall. THEN, I will tell you where why and how you fucked up. I love God, yet am profane. I vent, complain, bitch and moan; then I try to fix the situation. I fear failure, yet can’t help but to compete. So, without further to do, lemme write this little open letter, to my true love.

Dear Ego
Man, you were really on the lookout in ’05. Remember when you said that I should let that thing go, and I said ‘no’, well, you weren’t wrong, and you stayed right there with me, even though I ain’t listen. I knew you and that person just didn’t like each other, and that it had been brewing for a minute. And you cooled down a little bit, outta respect for my feelings, and played the back – as much as you could, anyway. That was love, yo. Cause I knew you didn’t want to. Never again will I doubt your ability to protect the empire. I promise, no one shall come between you and I again. You were here before she was, and you will remain after she goes. When I speak in public, you wrap your warm arms around me and make me invincible. And that little situation with the Delta, oh, you were so right. Glad I listened to ya. We riding in ’06! Keep up the good work, yo. Don’t worry, I’m going to do right by you baby. I promise.

With all my love,

Sonnyredd


Now, it’s Christmas, and I am on a plane bound for the north. Hitting Philly, DC, Baltimore, and all points in between. I’ll be back in 06’, because the hustle continues. There are more lessons to learn, more thoughts to share, and more wares to sell, (yeah, I said it, ’06 is about COMMERCE!

To my folks, I love y’all. To my fans, y’all cool. To my foes, eh...I am foe-less in ’06. Let’s hustle! STACK CHIPS IN OH-SIX! Happy New Year!