Monday, January 23, 2006

A Wise Man Told Me Don't Argue With Fools

Cause people from a distance can't tell who is who
So stop with that childish shit, nigga I'm grown
Please leave it alone - don't throw rocks at the throne...Don't make me expose you to them folks that don't know you
Nigga I know you well, all the stolen jew-els

Twinkletoes you breakin my heart
You can't fuck with me - go play somewhere, I'm busy
And all you other cats throwin shots at Jigga
You only get half a bar - fuck y'all niggaz




And just like that, in an instant, it is done. This was the most exciting weekend of hip hop in a long time. I enjoyed it, mostly cause my guy won. But isn't that always how it is, the best Football game last year was when the Eagles won the NFC. It certainly wasn't the superbowl.

That said, Jay killed it. Done. Fin. Morte. Dead.
How, you may ask? Is there some gully Jay track out there? Well, sort of. There is a track, and I will give you the link, but Jay doesn't say a word. Seems Cam, "Mr. the way cats biting is despicable" got caught with his pants down. Can't wage war, based upon righteous indignation when you are guilty of the same indignities, now can you? Well, the "Diplo-crits" (or "Hip-Set") leader has been known to take a bite out of crime himself. Must have been all that rapping with McGruff [the crime dog, lol. Nah, Harlem World rapper, who was very good-btw...yes, this is a digression, haven't you been paying attention, lol?]

So, what happens? The President throws a double assult, one in the mainstream press-Jay-Z and Def Jam signed Nas today, like y'all ain't already know- and one for the streets. I'm giving y'all the streets.


Here it go. Listen, enjoy!


After you enjoy that, we can call this one a wrap! (Me pun? Never)

As far as 50, he really can't want it with Hov, can he? Wow. Now that is good versus evil. 50 has other problems though. For some unknown reason he dissed one of the greatest (and underrated) rappers alive, AZ.

For the uninitiated, AZ is the author of what may be the single greatest verse EVER laid down:

Visualizin the realism of life in actuality
Fuck who's the baddest a person's status depends on salary
And my mentality is, money orientated
I'm destined to live the dream for all my peeps who never made it
cause yeah, we were beginners in the hood as five percenters
But somethin must of got in us cause all of us turned to sinners
Now some, restin in peace and some are sittin in San Quentin
Others such as myself are tryin to carry on tradition
Keepin the schwepervesence street ghetto essence inside us
Cause it provides us with the proper insight to guide us
Even though, we know somehow we all gotta go
but as long as we leavin thievin we'll be leavin with some kind of dough
so, until that day we expire and turn to vapors
me and my capers will be somewhere stackin plenty papers
Keepin it real, packin steel, gettin high
Cause life's a bitch and then you die


All around 10 points. 10 for flow, ten for creativity, 10 for vocabulary skills, just a perfect godamned verse. Well, Mr. Magic Stick decided to go at AZ...and AZ, the man that he is, killed him. I'd let y'all listen to it, but I can't find it. But it is great. Like a senseai talking to a student, or a Jedi to a Padawan, AZ tells 50 that he [50] has had a great career, and will likely have a great year, but "if money made the man then Saddam's statute would still stand on Iraqi sand..." What?!?! Str8 Fire!!!.

As you can see, I am enjoying the diss aspect of hip-hop. This is what makes hip-hop the single best artform that exists. Folks are trying to be the best. Period. That is the art of competition. "Hip-hop is the art of competition."

Okay, barring any earth shaking events, this will be the last hip-hop post for a minute. I'll go back to hustling-which is what we do best- and hating on Negroes, white people, men, women, children, parents [married and unmarried], the tall and the short, and dogs-I really hate dogs.

But tell the truth, that was fun, wasn't it?

Say goodnight to the bad guy.