Friday, May 13, 2005

Weekend Round-Up

Blogger was acting up Friday, thus this post is all jigged up. I won't delete it, but I wanted to note this fact.

It’s Friday! Thus nothing heavy, just some light nibbles from around the net.

From the, “Kids are stupid, but adults are stupider” category, I offer this Kansas City report that says,

“Being Safe Can Keep Kids From Being Run Over, Expert Says; Safety Advocate Says Kids Shouldn't Be Left Alone In Cars.” Thanks.



Elsewhere, Ambra argues that rappers should refrain from doing projects that appeal to children while simultaneously glorifying the hip hop lifestyle. I don’t really agree with that line of thought. Master P’s show on Nick, was my nephew’s favorite, and he hasn’t asked for gold fronts yet. Furthermore, it is refreshing to see the No-Limit Soldier make like Ward Cleaver.



And, although I am not a dad, this will make me think long and hard before I let my kid be a Boy Scout. Look, I understand the homosexual lobby’s position that they shouldn’t be prevented from being Scoutmasters. I understand it totally. I just don’t know if I can go along with the idea. I realize I am being slightly irrational, and that a pedophile will hide his homosexuality so as not to draw attention to himself, but damn...



And finally, Lashawn has posted on a recent California ruling preserving Prop. 209. She and I differ sharply on this matter. I strongly support AA in education. That is a post all to itself for another time, though. I have never been admitted to any school, nor hired for any position, based on Affirmative Action. I probably got some money because I was Black, but that is quid-pro-quo. The U got to experience me in all my suburb fabulousness! I made the U fun for all: white, black, red, yellow and blue. Then again, at the U, we were all green and orange.



Have a safe weekend.



It’s Friday the 13th. Be careful!