Thursday, May 19, 2005

May 19, 2005- Happy 80th Malcolm X!

Today was supposed to be a reflection on the brutal murder of Malcolm X. However, I have changed my mind, as is my wont.

To remember the life of Malcom X, who was born today, takes precedence over his death. It was what he did in life that made his death so tragic. So tomorrow, I will conclude with a discussion of his death. Today is only a celebration of his life.

Happy Birthday Malcolm X!

I would like to point out that I believe that Malcolm X would be very upset at the travesties that are being committed world wide in the name of Islam. The bombings, murders and beheadings are not in the best interests of the muslim people around the world and the thugs who are using Islam as their sheild will surely pay both here and in the afterlife.

Update! It seems that Malcolm's birthday hasn't gone unnoticed. The Guardian has printed an “article” that claims Malcolm was gay.

Couple of points.
1. If Malcolm was gay, why would the NOI surpress it?
2. More importantly, why would the F.B.I., who was intensly monitoring him and his movements?
3. If the book wherein these allegations originated was written in 1991, why, some 14 years later, should it make news now?

I ask these questions because this smacks of defiling the man's name for no good reason. I tend to disbelieve conspiracy theories concerning the efforts of the gay rights movement to legitimize itself, but this move has me rethinking my position. Lame.