Friday, August 11, 2006

Pound For Pound I'm The Best To Ever Come Around Here


Excludin’ nobody, look what I embody
The soul of a hustler, I really ran the street
A CEO's mind, that marketing plan was me

But the real shit you get when you bust down my lines
Add that to the fact I went plat' a bunch of times
Times that by my influence on [blog] culture
I'm supposed to be number one on everybody list



Alright, you know what it is…PHILLY STAND UP!

As evidenced by the lack of one of them fany-dancy haikus, IT’S YA BOY! How happy are y’all? I know. I know.

Yeah, Lucky is on vacation. Vacation. Mind you, I ain’t on vacation. Lucky is. Students taking vacations, damn what’s next?

I need y’all to do something for me. If not me, then for Lucky. We need one of those Black Weblog Awards…cause we do. We feel that if 3-6 can win an Oscar, we should have one of them fancy awards too, cause that’s whats hot in the streets. And since awards is hot in the streets, and we hot in the street, we need an award to retain our hotness! (Although we note that we were already voted the top Black Blogger by the Stokholm Chapter of the Philly ex-pat community, and I am eyeing a similar title from the London chapter…)

So, it is heavily suggested (requested) that you nominate us is any (or all) of the following categories…

Best Original Content
Best Political/News
Best Topical Blog
Best Writing in a Blog
(For this one right here)
(or here)
(or, begrudgingly here)
Blog of the Year
Blog to Watch
“Best Evil Villian/Henchman Team or Duo” (okay, that’s not really a category, but it should be. It should be.)

So click here to vote. Vote or Die!

As we draw Philly Appreciation Week to a close, we want to thank all those who participated, and all those who had to endure comments on their sites like… “It becomes apparent that the rise in the stock market is attributable to … PHILLY STAND UP!”

I am sure I looked an utter ass the whole time. (Hostess.) But it was worth it, and it was fun. And in the end, all that matters is you have fun. Niggas ain’t having enough fun. Some (most) of y’all taking yourselves (and me) too damn seriously. And such stress leads to hypertension (a dramatic threat to the black community. And this is an edu-tainment digression.)

So let’s run things down-

1. The Plane Bombing Plot- The word Al Qaeda keeps getting bandied about. If ghetto is the new nigger (see Wednesday’s post), Al Qaeda is the new “Crazy Muslim.” (Like, when you go to buy your Egyptian Musk, and the dude won’t give you 3 for $25.00, you’d chalk it up to Al Qaeda.) But we now know that there is Hamas, Hezbollah, dem’ crazy “ghettos” in Miami who wanted to blow up the Sears Tower for 50k, a Hummer with 22’s and some Timbs (the only thing missing was a white woman, like “where de’ white wimmin and fried chicken at?”). I ain’t scared, mostly cause I’ve grown weary of this shit. But the best part of this, besides making gas cheaper, is the that the terror alert level is now Bert, with Ernie and Elmo highlights.

2. I watched the final 75 minutes of Flava of Love. This bitch shit on the floor. THE FLOOR! One must wonder, how many times has she had a bottle shoved in her rectum for her bowels to be THAT loose? And Flave ain’t got a downstairs bathroom? Damn.

3. Cynthia Mckinney – Ding Dong the witch is dead!

4. The Eagles – Looking good. Looking damn good!

5. Invader Zim is my shit.

That’s it. I’m out. GO VOTE NOW!

PHILLY STAND UP!