Tuesday, October 31, 2006

What You Want Me To Do? I’m Sorry.















I’m back.

And boy have y’all missed me. It seems that the very blogosphere has – save for an interesting discussion of the merits of inter-racial dating over at the Afterparty – gone into a tailspin of nothingness. Too many of y’all who I read to see the utter turmoil you cause in your lives, have done and straightened yourselves out. While that’s good for you all, it sucks for me.

Alas, there is nothing I can do but stimulate your synapses with some more thought provoking shit. But first, I gotta take care of some admin-type shit.

Viper hit me up with two tasks. First he “tagged” me. Is he crazy? Me? Tagged. I’ve never done any such thing in my life. But, cause I’m feeling extremely generous (Jigga album coming out in a month and all), here goes:

Where the hell have I been and why haven’t I really posted in a while?
Hustlin’ takes time, and there are only 24 hours in a day.

What’s new in my life?
Hustlin’

What’s going on with Aumnigraph and Mekka West? I assume, copious amounts of hustlin.’

Will you ever see another article get posted?

Yep. This one.



That was “fun”. Let’s never speak of this again.

Viper also had a question about habeas corpus, and the law Bush signed which would restrict it. Habeas corpus is the right of people to have the federal court review their imprisonment. If the court finds no lawful reason for their imprisonment, it can order their release.

That said, Viper wondered if all the talk about the Military Commissions Act of 2006 that Bush repealed habeas corpus was really true. The short answer is, “sort of.”

The Military Commisions Act repeals federal court review of military court actions against ALIENS. (As an aside it also okays “water boarding” and makes the Geneva Conventions optional. Sonny“Halloween is for dispelling myths”Redd.) As a result, it does not suspend habeas corpus for the folks who really matter – Americans.

Finally, as a last point, it seems that man and Neanderthal man may have done the nasty. Actually, Neanderthal man and European man to be precise. According to an anthropologist from Washington University (in St. Louis – Sonny “Some schools are better than others”Redd):

To me, what happened is that the Neanderthals were [genetically] absorbed into and overwhelmed by modern humans coming into Europe from Africa, and they disappeared through this absorption...


I post this knowing full well how folks are going to use this to prove the black man’s superiority. Then the KKK will turn the tables on y’all and say that the Neanderthal man is the original man. Then half the black folks will claim to be 1/8th Neanderthal on they grandmomma’s side.

Read the whole article “Modern Humans, Neanderthals May Have Interbred.” I’m out.