Sunday, October 15, 2006

Give Me A Rush Like You Wouldn't Believe



My head's about to bust
Accelerating what drives me,
Hope I don't gotta [lose]
To see, see I can't lie to me
I know the price, know the risk, know the wrongs and the rights
Still my blood flows (Green black and silver), it's just my life



It has been a sports filled weekend for me. Hurricanes game on Saturday -- we won the game but managed to get eight players suspended "indefinately." As if we had an outside shot at the ACC title game (I wasn't going to even delude myself into believing that we'd actually win the fucking game. Sonny "I bleed green-silver-and black, but I cry orange and green" Redd) going into the game, we have zero shot now.

For those who have no clue what I am talking about, press play on the big picture above. For the women who stop by and think "I don't know anything about football", ladies--as violent as football is, folks generally don't get to use their helmets as clubs. Just doesn't happen. And refs generally wear black and white unis, so the guys in blue on the field...they were cops.

So, to compound my dashed hopes of an appearence in the ACC title game (I am an optimist!), the damned Saints beat my beloved Iggles! I's not happy. Then again, my city hasn't been flooded by the wrath of God lately, so I suppose a mercy win is allowable. But this Katrina shit is wearing thin.

But then again, that is why we watch sports, because as the verse above points out, it gives me a rush like you wouldn't believe. All who know me in the flesh know that. The rest of youse...well, I guess you're not that lucky. You may commence crying now.

Cause I already have.