Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Your Dude Is Back,

The [Black Lex Luth-] is back
Tell the whole world that the truth is back
You ain't gotta argue about who can [jive]
Cause the proof is back,
just go through my [archive]




Friday September 8, 2006: It's after 4:00 pm and as you see, there is no Post by Lucky today. I know. He's so dissapointing. But there is a lively discussion of the phase "Peace through tyranny" and the merits of violence in children's programming in the comments. (as well as copious compliments directed at ME! ME! ME! HAHAHAHAHA! Sonny "flattery will get you everywhere"Redd)! Enjoy week 1 of the NFL season (E-A-G-L-E-S! Sonny"Guess who Chris Berman picked to go to Superbowl 41-The Swami's a believer" Redd)- Good luck, Diva-in-Demand, cause you're gonna need it this year -- and week 2 of the NCAA season (lookout FAMU! Miami doesn't lose twice! You're going down! Sonny"C-A-N-E-S!Canes!"Redd). Enjoy your weekend everyone. SR


Seriously, there’s some good stuff in those archives. You should check them out if you’re new round here. Anyway, “Honey, I’m home!” Didja miss me? I missed all of youse. I appreciate the birthday wishes. I really do!

I’ve got nothing for you today. Not cause there’s nothing to talk about – there’s always stuff – but I am not finished working on my post for today which will actually end up being my post for next Wednesday. Anyway, I am alive and well after a fine fine steak at Morton’s. I love that place. For all of you who think Ruth’s Chris is a good steakhouse, head on over to the Capital Grille or Morton’s- preferably Morton’s. That’s good eatin!

Oh, and I saw Transformers the Movie recently. If any of you have any children (but then again given my demographics, I should say “know anyone who has children.” Sonny “I endear myself to baby’s mommas like Cosby endeared himself to mothers who named their children ‘Aquanetta’”Redd. And for the uninitiated, it’s in the archives!) I simply implore you to show this movie to those children. It teaches all the lessons cartoons are supposed to teach; violence should be used for good, not evil; double crossers are bad; be friendly; ambition is good, unchecked ambition will get you killed; kick ass soundtracks can help you do amazing thing. I swear, fuck Sesame Street, my kids will be watching this and Rambo the Animated Series (yes the 80’s were a wonderful time to be a boy! Now they got ghey [not that there is anything wrong with that] ass cartoons like Sponge Bob.) on repeat.

Anyhow, I got works to do. I will ask a question of you though. What do you think of the following quote, “Peace Through Tyranny.” I was exposed to this quote when I was 9 or 10 years old, and it has always rung true to me. Let me know your thoughts. And 10 points to the first person to correctly identify where I, as a 9 year old boy, could have come across such a deep thought.