Sunday, August 20, 2006

[George and Weezy] Award Winner

Ballin repeatedly,
Highlights on Sportscenter
Please repeat after me –
There's only one rule
I WILL NOT, LOSE!


What’s the deal! Yo, we are creeping ever closer to SonnyRedd Appreciation Week, which begins next Monday and concludes with my born day on Friday September 1st! Get ready.

This episode of the Fell Clutch is the Moving On Up episode. (For the real innanets geeks, that’s Episode #106. Sonny “Yeah I hit 100 posts and aint even tell y’all cause I’m gully that way”Redd.) So today we celebrate those getting they George and Weezy on! Who else misses the Jeffersons? It was such a great show. (By the way, Sherman Hemsley? Can you say “Philly Stand Up”? Born in 1938 in Philadelphia! And this is a “yeah, I know its over, but so what, I still appreciate Philly” digression.) So today and for the rest of the year – hell, until I tire of it as an ongoing bit – I am handing out George and Weezy Awards to those deserving folks “Moving on up!”

So first, congratulations to Tiger Woods, who won this third PGA championship this weekend! Holding it down for caublanisians everywhere. You getting your George on! (or your Ang Lee. Whatever.) And congrats also to Kimora Simmons who may or may not be taking half from Russell Simmons. I see you getting your Weezy! Half breeds getting theirs! Yeah!

Also Ayaan Hirsi Ali, the outspoken critic of Islam and a former member of the Dutch Parliament (before being deported for lying on her Dutch application for asylum) was on 60 Minutes last night. She gets a Weezy for having a phat ass. Thank you. That is all. (I wonder if noticing her “phat-to-death-ness” qualifies as oppression. I find that feminism believes that all appreciation of the female body amount to oppression. And this is a “I’m a chauvinist pig” digression.)


I have a busy week this week – but the reader will NOT be denied! © Star 2005. Today, there will be random “Hustle Notes.” The first note is to never let your hobby overtake your profession.

Next, please, please, please don’t be like all too many black business people. Too frequently I refer a party out to another black business person. It is the nature of business. If I know someone who needs your service, and you’re black, I’ll refer them to you – only if you are competent. Don’t have me make a referral to you and you not follow up. Because I will follow-up. And I will find out of your failure. And then, you and me have a problem. And I am an annoying nigga to have problems with.

The lesson to you, my readers? Always follow up. It is important to your reputation to follow up. The worst part of all this, this nigga lost MINIMALLY a couple of grand. All because broke niggas is to busy playing businessman. You will be exposed! (The real value of the matter referred? Close to $175,000.00. The upside, The ball is back in my court AND I was referred a client [by said shiftless negro] whose matter is worth considerably more. Sonny “And some folks wonder why they broke” Redd.) Always follow up!

Also, a free legal tip for the week:

A complaint for damages is meaningless. All to often, poor people receive legal pleadings and hole up hoping that it will go away. It won’t. If you have to work, send a letter to the Judge (and a copy to opposing counsel) stating that fact. Get a lawyer, or if you (likely) can’t afford one, contact a pro-bono attorney. You can find them at your local bar association’s website. But if you do nothing, that meaningless complaint will become a judgment against you. Never good.

And the final George of the week goes to my barber! He dropped off the face of the planet for a while, and I thought he was locked up. Turns out he was cutting at a lil’ hole in the wall. Well, he has signed a lease on his own shop! That’s hustle! Next stop, getting that nigga set up in a LLC (that’s Limited Liability Corporation). And guess who gets that cash? Yes indeed! I love seeing folks better themselves. I love helping them along. And I really love being able to “wet my beak” at the same time.

Progress! You gotta love it.

Now, duty calls. More on Wednesday!