Monday, October 17, 2005

Costs you nothing; Pay me no mind.

So this weekend some Neo-Nazis held a march in Toledo, Ohio. I guess their gripes were the same ones they always are; we hate the negro, we hate the jews more, and ‘where the white women at?’ Old song, heard it all before. The funny thing is that they chose the wrong hood to try that shit, as black folks were ready for them. Or did they?

You realize that we got ‘got’ yet again. The Nazis were out to show the world how truly uncivilized we black folks are, and we fell for it. I know this horse is dead and buried, but when will we learn that we are the only folks in control of our destiny. We got cats running around crying racisim at every turn. And yeah, there is racisim in America, and racists, too. So what? To (sort of) quote Damon Dash, “Ain’t no [racist] gonna tell me I can’t get no money. C’mon, we gonna do what we came out here to do.”

Now in the good folks of Toledo’s defense, they said the same thing, ‘cept they came out there to grab a couple of 65” plasmas and some diapers. Not so good, but you gotta admire their hustle.

Now some of y’all are afraid of white people. Really. Scared to freaking death. In fact, the less contact with white folk y’all have, the more fear and loathing you display. Not a good way to go about getting money, but then that’s just my opinion. But, I grow weary of talking about black people and white people, on to other topics.

I must thank Kajuana for putting me on to Michael Baisden . Hearing 40 and 50 year olds (old) cry about baby-momma drama is the best thing since Martha Stewart’s Apprentice (Gays) and The Ultimate Hustler (Negroes). That sheet rocks. (Pun? Me? Never! I resemble the implication.)

I read a quote in “The Historian” that said, “Bad literature is the world’s most insidious thief of time.” Turns out to be prophetic, because I couldn’t finish that particular piece of bad literature. Nor, can I finish “The Dante Club”, though I am trying. Just bad. Need a new (was going to write good, but figured some smart ass would comment-Read the ‘Good Book’ if you want to read a good book. I have, God squad. And I read the real, KJV, not this new fangled- Good News New International Around-the-way down the block version, where instead of “The Lord sayeth...” or “I am that I am” it reads, “So then God had said...” and “I be who I be”—Didn’t think I get through one post without a digression, didja?)book to read, and am open to suggestions.

Hope all had a good weekend. Tomorrow—Corporations...Good or bad? Ponder and reflect that question, and be prepared to discuss in the morning. Good night and new international good news God bless.