Thursday, September 01, 2005

Happy Birthday To Ya-Part Two!

Today is my birthday! *Sings* "Happy Birfday to ya, happy birfday to ya! Happy birfday!"

I'd like to say that it has been a tradition to play Stevie Wonder's 'Happy Birthday' annually, but I usually forget.

But on this day, 32 years ago, a young woman from a good family gave birth to the child that would forever carry her family name. At exactly the same moment, a young academic, fresh from completing his doctoral dissertation, became a father for the second time. The union between them, forged from their shared grief over the loss of a parent, his father and her mother, produced this one child. And though their marriage did not survive, their child did. And he provided both with their fair share of pride and pain through his travels.

Its my birthday dammit! As a result, I'll offer the Jigga quote of the month... And my mantra for my 32nd year...

How could you falter, when you the rock of Gilbralter?Had to get off the boat so I could walk on water. This ain't no tall order, this is nothing to me. Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...I'm not a businessman, I'm a business, man!